Procurement Contract Specialist.
Location: Shenton Way, Central Singapore SG
Job Number: 5386
Procurement Contracts Specialist (Contract position)
Our client is an US healthcare company with a broadly diversified business across consumer, pharmaceutical and medical device segments. They have an annual turnover of US$70 billion, with more than 125,000 employees across 60 countries with a heritage of more than 130 years.
Duties and Responsibilities
This individual will provide support to Singapore & ASPAC Regional Procurement team’s needs for contracting. This role will execute the contracting process for procurement contracts, he/she will also play a fundamental part in transforming the legacy contracting process to integrate seamlessly with Procurement’s end to end support to the business.
Reporting to the Manager, you will perform the following responsibilities-
- Support Procurement teams with any agreement/contract requests, example contract types: Master Services Agreement/Statement of Works/Standalone Services Agreement/Confidential Disclosure Agreement/Subscription Agreement/ & etc
- Align with Legal & Procurement teams on what type of agreement templates should be used for the request
- Maintain list of standardized agreement types for Procurement and collaborate with Legal Department to update it periodically
- Understand & input commercial terms into the specific agreement templates
- Identify the resources and facilitate meetings needed to finalize the agreement
- Work with the Legal Department in drafting and reviewing the agreements, including facilitating communications and negotiations with internal and external stakeholders.
- Coordinate with Sourcing teams in filling up the Contract Request Form to facilitate approvals, where needed
- Coordinate physical flow of contract document signatures internally and externally, ensuring authorized signatory on all contracts
- Collaborate with Legal Department on managing contract storage process, including use of e-ICD, J&J’s contract storage & management tool; and sending of signed contract copies to suppliers.
- Ensure proper use and maintenance of e-ICD as central repository of all procurement contracts
- Contracting process champion for Southeast Asia: continuously investigate process gaps & implement improvements that will make the overall process more efficient
Other/ad-hoc responsibilities (5-10% of time):
- Take on procurement/sourcing related projects on behalf of Procurement department delivering end to end procurement experience to business stakeholders
Key Success Measurements –
The role will be measured on:
- On-time and flawless delivery of tasks, mostly working on tight deadlines
- Define and improve baseline turnaround time for procurement contracts
- Ability to multi-task and support multiple projects
- Collaboration and interaction with the team and internal business partners
Key Working Relationships –
- Global Services (GS) / Business Unit (BU) Sourcing teams
- Legal Department
- Business stakeholder / end-user
- Supplier teams (local as well as international)
- Degree holder in law with 1-2 years of experience as para-legal/legal-assistant.
- Ability to organize work, manage time and adhere to schedules
- Ability to cope with time crunch and pressure from stakeholders
- Sound business acumen with good logic thinking
- Attention to details
- Understanding of legal terms and common clauses in agreements
- Knowledge of contract law and awareness of regulations specific to services
- Contracts management and negotiation related work experience
On top of a competitive base salary, the company offers excellent career and training opportunities, attractive benefits and bonus schemes. If you are keen to take your career on to the next level, click apply.
EA License: 94C3609
Reg No: R1655737
Job Number: 5386
Community / Marketing Title: Procurement Contract Specialist.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Shenton Way, Central Singapore SG