ASSISTANT BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
Location: city center, Central Singapore SG
Job Number: 5695
Assistant Business Development Manager – Travel Retail (Contract Role)
Our client is a US healthcare company with a broadly diversified business across consumer, pharmaceutical and medical device segments. They have an annual turnover of US$70 billion, with more than 125,000 employees across 60 countries with a heritage of more than 130 years.
As a key member of the Travel Retail team, the Assistant Business Development Manager will support the expansion of business in Asia Pacific region. The candidate will open markets, be in charge of counter operations and responsible to manage beauty consultants in the assigned Travel Retail doors.
Reporting to Manger, he/she will do the following –
- Identify new business development opportunities
- Expand, open markets and explore opportunities in Travel Retail while meeting sales objectives. Focus on 3 key areas: New business development, key account management and internal collaboration (supply chain, finance, marketing etc.)
- Joint business planning and finalize key account plan with business development manager
- Manage customers and operations
- Construct business plans, set sales targets and review customer profile and category contribution per location to customize assortment
- In charge of recruitment and facilitate training of beauty consultants.
- Formulate promotion strategies and incentive programs to motivate front line staff.
- Inventory management ensure orders are processed and delivered on time.
- Monitor the merchandising, assortments and planograms are respected in the different locations. Ensuring availability of sufficient inventory, testers and printed materials on counter
- Ensure internal stakeholders’ alignment
Lead cross functional teams to manage projects:
- Supply Chain: Inventory management and forecast, processing of customer orders
- Marketing and VM: Align with brand guidelines and develop travel retail specific POSM materials
- Finance: Partner with finance team to review account profitability and align on financial metrics (COG, GM%)
Qualifications, Experience and Competencies:
- Degree holder with 4-5 years working experience in sales and marketing in FMCG, fashion/beauty industry with 2-3 years of travel retail experience
- Strong analytical and organization skills with attention to details
- Mature, independent, responsible and be able to juggle several projects with different deadlines and various stakeholders
- Strong Microsoft Office skills especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Frequent travelling is required (approximately 40%)
On top of a competitive base salary, the company offers excellent career and training opportunities, attractive benefits and bonus schemes. If you are keen to take your career on to the next level, click apply.
EA License: 94C3609
Reg No: R1655737
Job Number: 5695
Community / Marketing Title: ASSISTANT BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
Location_formattedLocationLong: city center, Central Singapore SG