Airfreight Specialist / Manager
Location: Science Park, South West SG
Job Number: 4571
Position: Airfreight Specialist / Manager (Contract Role)
Our client is an US healthcare company with a broadly diversified business across consumer, pharmaceutical and medical device segments. They have an annual turnover of US$70 billion, with more than 125,000 employees across 60 countries with a heritage of more than 130 years.
Airfreight Specialist APAC has the responsibility for the regional cross-sector supplier sourcing of international airfreight/small parcel and ongoing performance management. He/she will participate in global and regional international airfreight/small parcel sourcing events and help manage the regional suppliers through regular business reviews. He/she will be the regional contact for the global air freight team.
Reporting to Manager, you will be accountable for the following-
- Oversee the import and export of J&J product and materials across APAC countries/sectors via airfreight/small parcel to deliver cost efficiency and spend improvement.
- Participate in regional and global airfreight/small parcel sourcing events including validation of volumes and business requirements.
- Generate maximum sourcing value through participation in airfreight/small parcel supplier selection and Cost Improvement Programs (CIPs)
- Ensure that regional airfreight/small parcel suppliers adhere to QA standards, Service Level Agreements, SOP’s and Terms and Conditions.
- Participate in regular business reviews for regional airfreight/small parcel suppliers and provide recommendation for ongoing improvement.
- Lead the implementation of any new airfreight/small parcel supplier in accordance with QA standards, Service Level Agreements, SOP’s and Terms and Conditions.
- Collaborate with WWT, business owners and stakeholders from different sectors, as well as CLS Transportation team members of other pillars to drive change
- Perform best practice sharing on cross-sector airfreight/small parcel network
- Ensure airfreight/small parcel of J&J product and materials is compliant to temperature-controlled regulations (as specified) and routes are reviewed to achieve optimization.
- Connect: Forge internal collaboration across all levels of the enterprise and cultivate external relationships and partnerships.
- Deliver: Empower people to act with speed, agility, and accountability.
- Shape: Challenge the status-quo; lead and adapt to change
Qualifications, Experience and Competencies:
- Degree or Diploma Holder with 5 years of experience working with International Freight Forwarders
- Strong knowledge of Air Freight operations, tenders and rates
- Strong collaboration skills and able to influence without authority
- Solid problem solving and analytical experience influencing skills
- Knowledge and experience in import/export processes
On top of a competitive base salary, the company offers excellent career and training opportunities, attractive benefits and bonus schemes. If you are keen to take your career on to the next level, click apply.
EA License: 94C3609
Reg No: R1655737
Job Number: 4571
Community / Marketing Title: Airfreight Specialist / Manager
Location_formattedLocationLong: Science Park, South West SG