APAC Communications Manager
Location: 168 Robinson Rd, South East SG
Job Number: 4989
APAC Communications Manager (3 months Contract Role for Maternity Cover) -
Our client is an US healthcare company with a broadly diversified business across consumer, pharmaceutical and medical device segments. They have an annual turnover of US$70 billion, with more than 125,000 employees across 60 countries with a heritage of more than 130 years.
Duties and Responsibilities
The APAC Communications Manager is responsible for leading Internal Communications and Executive Engagement for Medical Devices for the region:
- Drive best-in-class communication to more than 6,500 employees across Asia Pacific.
- Engage and inspire employees through compelling organizational communications.
- Drive awareness and understanding of the regional Medical Devices purpose, objectives, strategy and ways of working.
- Implement internal communications strategy and plans for the region.
- Lead the creation of relevant, impactful content that leverages the full breath of communication channels such as town halls, Yammer, leadership meetings, email, video, quarterly newsletters, intranet etc.
- Serve as a strategic partner to senior business leaders, providing communications counsel and support.
- Showcase the work of employees through active promotion of key stories on internal and external global platforms.
- Vision and leadership
- Strategic thinking
- A commitment and track record of developing other leaders (in and outside of the function)
- Excellent interdependent partnering skills
- Personal integrity & Credo-based values
- Courage to take risks, make tough calls
- Sense of urgency/Prioritize tasks
- Drive to take personal ownership and accountability for results
- High degree of comfort with ambiguity
- Ability to see big picture and address details
- Desire/ability to motivate and empower others toward goals
- Championship of diversity in all aspects, including thinking
- Record of putting interest of the enterprise above own
- Willingness to learn from others
- Ability to influence
- Expertise in obtaining, analyzing and synthesizing information
- Superior writing, editing and oral presentation skills for a broad range of target audiences
- Excellent listening and critical reasoning skills
- Creativity in developing options and solutions
- Superior ability to deal with complex, ambiguous and contradictory situations
- Understanding of new media/communications approaches
- Ability to plan and execute internal communication campaigns
CORE COMMUNICATION COMPETENCIES
- Writing, editing, presentation skills, critical reasoning, external perspective, strategic/ innovative communication, organizational/corporate protocol
- Product/market knowledge
- Business leadership
- Healthcare environment
SPECIALIZED COMMUNICATION COMPETENCIES
- Organizational communication
- Executive Communication
Who we’re looking for:
- Degree holder with at least 10 years of experience in communications
- Direct experience in leading high impact internal communication programs using new media.
- Exceptional writing ability and proven expertise in executive communication, including speechwriting and presentation development is
- Knowledge of health care industry is preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of social media is
- Must have excellent listening and critical reasoning skills; creativity in developing options and solutions; superior ability to deal with complex, ambiguous and contradictory situations and an interest and understanding of new media/communications
- Proven ability to efficiently manage agencies/consultants is
- Must have the ability to navigate in a highly decentralized, collaborative work environment, to influence, align and deliver on strategic and tactical topics, at all levels of the organization and possess strong interpersonal
Job Number: 4989
Community / Marketing Title: APAC Communications Manager
Location_formattedLocationLong: 168 Robinson Rd, South East SG